2016 Dates TBA
At #theIMPACT, youth (ages 10+) and their parents/caregivers/other adults spend 90 minutes learning important concepts that last a lifetime.
Participants are part of a party, arrest and jail, hospital and funeral. The audience moves from one scene to the next, completely immersed in the activity around them.
Youth participate in activities that illustrate multiple points of intervention. Parents learn about drug paraphernalia, concealment devices and other “red flag” items and behaviors.
Family prevention plans and contracts are made, and resources shared so that participants can learn more, start ongoing conversations and set clear rules about alcohol and drug use.
The goals of #theIMPACT are:
- Decrease substance abuse rates by participating youth
- Increase the perception of harm from drug and alcohol use
- Increase ongoing family discussion regarding the harms of alcohol and drug use
- Increase the number of families with clear rules about alcohol and drug use
- Increase the number parents and youth equipped to handle situations involving alcohol/drugs
To watch our video: click here